Welcome to AA Delaware, a state-wide recovery resource devoted to supporting the men and women of Delaware. AA Delaware helps individuals struggling with alcoholism find the help they need on a local basis. Discover Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per county or city, and take the next step to overcome alcohol addiction.
Find Delaware AA Meetings Serving These Cities
- Bethany Beach
- Delaware City
- Fenwick Island
- New Castle
- Ocean View
- Rehoboth Beach
- Saint Georges
- Sussex County
- Wilmington Manor
More About Delaware AA Meetings
Membership is open to anyone interested in Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. The AA Delaware meetings are based on an effective, self-supporting approach to problematic drinking. In addition, AA Delaware provides a localized support system that influences sobering behavior changes that members desire. Receive the extra support to stop drinking by seeking a nearby Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in Delaware, and embrace a healthier lifestyle today.
The underlying goal of Delaware AA meetings is to spread the message of recovery to individuals looking for help. No dues or fees are necessary for AA Delaware membership. The only requirement to obtain AA membership status or to attend AA meetings in Delaware is the desire to quit drinking. Alcoholics Anonymous Delaware is not affiliated with any institutions, denominations or political organizations. In addition, AA Delaware does not endorse nor oppose any specific causes. The primary focus of Alcoholics Anonymous Delaware and Delaware AA meetings is to promote and achieve sustained sobriety for all types of individuals.
What Do Delaware AA Meetings Deliver?
Delaware AA meeting members can share their experiences and struggles with anyone driven to overcome a drinking problem. Each Delaware AA meeting offers one-to-one orientation or sponsorship to the individual entering Alcoholics Anonymous from any source. The Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous program provides members with proven strategies and effective ways to create a meaningful and satisfying lifestyle without alcohol. Below are topics and programs of typical Delaware AA meetings:
- Open Speaker Meetings: all open meetings are available to both alcoholics and nonalcoholics. An open Delaware AA meeting is one of the best ways to learn the basis of Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous and what AA Delaware represents. At speaker meetings, AA Delaware members express their experiences and struggles with alcohol. Also, AA Delaware members can share how they came to Alcoholics Anonymous Delaware, and how their lives have impacted by Delaware AA meetings.
- Open Discussions: during open discussions, one Delaware AA member expresses his or her experience with alcohol, and follows up by leading a discussion on recovery or any drinking-related issue other members may bring up.
- Closed Discussions: the closed discussions are directed to only alcoholics or prospective AA Delaware members. Closed discussions are conducted in the same manner as open Delaware AA meetings.
- Step AA Meetings: Step AA meetings in Delaware cover one of the Twelve Steps.
- Delaware AA members also take meetings into treatment and correctional facilities.
- In some cases, AA members may be asked to conduct informational Delaware AA meetings about Alcoholics Anonymous as a part of A.S.A.P. (Alcohol Safety Action Project) and D.W.I. (Driving While Intoxicated) programs.
Delaware AA meetings offer real strategies for alcohol rehabilitation and long-term sobriety. Find a local Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, and discover a righteous path healthy living.
The regional focus of Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous excels members’ motivation beyond their expectations. Taking part in an open AA Delaware meeting can offer life changing inspiration to quit. Such interpersonal discussions about overcoming alcoholism are both eye-opening and encouraging.
For some individuals interested in Alcoholics Anonymous in Delaware, an open AA Delaware meeting might not be the best solution for recovery. For these individuals, we can help pinpoint closed AA Delaware meetings for a more personalized experience. Closed AA Delaware meetings are similar to open meetings, however are designed specifically for alcoholics or prospective Delaware AA members (excluding non-alcoholics and non-prospective Delaware AA members in DE).
Even the most severe drinking problem can be overcome with the life changing support of Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous. Delaware AA meetings offer real strategies for alcohol rehabilitation and long-term sobriety. Find a local Delaware Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, and discover a righteous path healthy living.